No Off-road Use
- Company vehicles are intended for paved roads and highways. These vehicles can get stuck in loose gravel, muddy areas, sand, or other unstable terrain.
- The vehicle shall not be used on unpaved surfaces, except at public/private campgrounds and well-maintained service roads. In all cases traveling on unpaved roads is solely at the Renter’s risk/
- Extracting a vehicle stuck because of any road conditions is the financial responsibility of the Renter.
- Even if roadside assistance is purchased, such assistance may not be available in off-road conditions/terrain.
Area of Operations
- Renter must identify their intended destination and itinerary.
- Company vehicles are best suited for travel in Washington and Oregon and use of vehicles is restricted to within 500 miles of Seattle. Should Renter wish to travel to Canada or outside this 500-mile radius, Company approval is required.
- Certain vehicles may be equipped with and report their location through GPS devices.
Driving and Traffic Laws
- Renter is responsible for knowing and adhering to all applicable driving and traffic laws.
- Renter must obey all traffic signs and speed limits.
- In the event of a fine or penalty for violating parking or traffic laws, the Renter is responsible for the fine or penalty. Renter must pay any fines directly. If the Company is required to pay any unpaid or unreported/undisclosed fines or penalties, the Renter will be charged that amount, plus an additional 25% fee.
In addition to all other requirements and restrictions of use set forth in the Rental Agreement, Renter agrees to the following limits on use:
- The vehicle shall not be driven by any person other than Renter or additional authorized drivers without the Company’s prior written consent.
- There is absolutely no smoking or vaping of any materials in vehicles. Evidence of smoking or vaping in a Company vehicle will result in a minimum additional cleaning fee of $250.
- There is no standing, sitting, lying, or climbing on top of a vehicle.
- It is prohibited to use a vehicle for towing or pushing anything.
- If the vehicle is equipped with a roof or bike rack, Renter is solely responsible for ensuring that all loads are properly and safely secured at all times in compliance with applicable law. Also, renter is responsible for verifying overhear clearances in parking and any other areas.
- The vehicle shall not be used to transport any animals, unless specifically disclosed and approved in writing in advance of the rental.
Animals are prohibited in vehicles unless written approval is granted by the Company. Additional fees apply. Evidence of an unauthorized animal will result in a minimum fee of $250.
- The vehicle shall not be used for commercial or business purposes or for transporting persons or goods for hire.
- The vehicle shall not be used: for any illegal purposes; in any illegal or reckless manner; in any race or speed test or contest.
- The vehicle shall not be used to carry passengers in excess of the number of seat belts provided by the manufacturer or outside the passenger compartment.
- The vehicle shall not be used to transport children without approved child safety seats as required by law.
- Renter shall not remove any seats from the vehicle.
- The vehicle shall not be driven by any person impaired by the use of alcohol, narcotics, intoxicants, or drugs, used with or without a prescription.
- The vehicle shall not be used when loaded beyond its capacity as determined by the manufacturer of the vehicle.
- The vehicle shall not be used when the odometer has been tampered with or disconnected.
- The vehicle shall not be used when the vehicle’s fluid levels are low, or if it is otherwise reasonable to expect you to know that further operation would damage the vehicle.
- The vehicle shall not be used in a manner that causes damage to the vehicle due to inadequately secured cargo.
- The vehicle shall not be used after an accident involving the vehicle unless and until you summon the police to the accident scene and alert the Company.
- Subject always to all other requirements and limitations on the approved operating area set forth in the Rental Agreement, the vehicle shall not by driven or taken outside of the United States without the Company’s prior written consent.
- Vehicle may not enter or be operated in Mexico.
- The vehicle shall not be operated by anyone: who has given a fictitious name, false address or a false or invalid driver’s license; whose driver’s license becomes invalid during the rental period; who has obtained keys without permission of the Company; or who misrepresents or withholds facts to/from the Company material to rental, use, or operation of the vehicle.
- Renter shall not transfer or assign this Agreement and/or sublease the vehicle.
- The vehicle shall not be used to store or transport dangerous or hazardous items or illegal materials.
Maximum Speed and Hard Braking
While the Company actively maintains its vehicles, these are vintage machines. Therefore, they must be driven with an element of care and restraint at all times. Acceleration should be moderate and the maximum speeds indicated below shall be adhered to as absolute. These vans perform best at highway speeds between 55-60 mph and you should never exceed the maximum speed limit for your van listed below. Braking should be anticipated and hard breaking avoided. When appropriate, downshift to assist with vehicle deceleration. Do not ride the brakes on long grades. When in doubt pull over and let brake components cool down before proceeding further.
- Standard Van – equipped with regularly VW “waterboxer” engine. Maximum speed is 65 mph.
- Enhanced Van – equipped with a Subaru engine. Maximum speed is 70 mph.
If in doubt, assume you are driving a Standard Van.