- Renter must be at least 25 years of age with a valid driver’s license to rent and drive a Company vehicle.
- Renter is required to pass a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) verification to determine if they are eligible to rent the vehicle.
- DUIs or excessive moving violations may disqualify a person from renting and/or driving Company vehicles.
- Renter’s Booking Deposit will be fully refunded if Renter fails the DMV verification.
Additional Authorized Driver(s)
- All drivers must be identified before commencement of Rental.
- Additional authorized drivers must pass a DMV verification and meet the renter eligibility requirements. As used herein, “additional authorized driver” means an individual in addition to Renter who is permitted by us to operate the vehicle and designated as a Verified Driver on the Rental Document. This includes Renter’s spouse or domestic partner who meets the minimum rental age, holds a valid driver’s license, and meets the Verified Driver eligibility requirements described below.
- Undisclosed, unverified persons are not allowed to drive Company vehicles and can invalidate the insurance.
- There is a fee for each additional driver.
Verification of Authorized Driver(s)
The Company uses Outdoorsy, Inc. (“Outdoorsy”) to list and assist with creating rental reservations for its vehicles. As part of its listing and reservation platform, Outdoorsy conducts DMV verification services as well as provides optional collision and liability insurance for qualified renters (the “Outdoorsy Renter Insurance”). As an alternative, the Company may obtain a direct verification from a third-party driver verification service.
The vehicle may only be operated by Renter and additional authorized drivers, as identified as “Verified Drivers” on the Rental Document. You agree that all Verified Drivers (including Renter and any additional authorized driver(s)) must be (a) approved by the Company and/or Outdoorsy following a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) verification and (b) eligible for coverage, as confirmed by the Company and/or Outdoorsy, under the optional Outdoorsy Renter Insurance.
By reserving a vehicle for rental, you consent and agree to the Company and/or Outdoorsy conducting its DMV verification, including review of your driver’s license status and driving record, in accordance with either’s terms and conditions. By submitting your name and driver’s license information to the Company and/or Outdoorsy for DMV verification, you represent to the Company that you and each additional authorized driver are capable and validly licensed drivers.